This is so easy to make but so delicious and packed with protein. Serve it with steamed vegetables in the winter months but it’s also perfect for a summer’s evening with a selection of salads. This is a great way to get your protein in and ultimate comfort with the creamy filling.
Nutritional Information per Serving
- 500 Kcals
- 2.8g Net Carbohydrates
- 33.7g Fat
- 46.6g Protein
We suggest you serve this with a mixture of steamed green vegetables or salads. For example, a medium serving of broccoli, green cabbage, and green beans, and a small portion of steamed new potatoes, gives you a total serving 644 kcals, 29.2g of carbohydrates, 34.7g fat and 54.5g of protein.
Reduced fat option
We love to add healthy fat to our meals as it helps keep you fuller for longer and is essential for good health. If, however you wish to opt for a low fat cream cheese, you will reduce your fat to 12.7g Fat per serving.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 150g garlic ad herb soft cheese
- 40g baby leaf spinach
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 1–2 tsp olive oil
- Seasoning to taste
- 1-2 tsp mild chilli powder
Serve this dish with steamed vegetables or a delicious salad.
1. Use a sharp knife to cut into the chicken breasts lengthways, making sure you don’t cut all the way through so that you retain a little seam, like opening a book. This will enable you to stuff the chicken breast.
2. Add the soft cheese to a bowl and soften with a fork. Place the spinach in a colander or sieve and run under hot water until it starts to wilt slightly – this makes it easier to stir into the cheese. Drain really well, pressing the spinach against the colander or sieve to remove any excess water, then pat dry with kitchen towel and add to the cheese. Stir until well combined, then season generously and add some grated nutmeg.
3. Stuff this mixture into the chicken breasts. Once stuffed, sprinkle the chicken breast with a little mild chilli powder.
4. Preheat the oven to 190ºC (170ºC fan) mark
5. Place into your ovenproof dish. Brush the tops of the chicken breasts with a little olive oil before popping in the oven.
6. Cook for 20–30 minutes (depending on size of the chicken breast), until the chicken is cooked through and nice and golden.